Jemma Redgrave: 'Filming Doctor Who was like joining MI6'


Jemma Redgrave has been talking to What's On TV about reprising her role as Kate Stewart in the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, the secrecy of which she likens to joining MI6!

"If I tell you anything at all I'll have to kill you and then kill myself. I wasn't even allowed to tell my children I was actually in it for about four or five weeks! Once we filmed in Trafalgar Square I knew it would be impossible to keep that under wraps! But what do you do? I was going to work and not being able to tell anyone what I was doing! It was like joining bloody MI6!"
She does however say that the special will be worth waiting for..
"What I can tell you is that it's absolutely bloody brilliant! I think it's an astonishing script. Stephen Moffat is an outrageously good writer and as always with Doctor Who, it's philosophical, it's deep, it's an adventure story and if you're a kid, you're going to be taken on an extraordinary ride. It raises all sorts of interesting questions for anyone who wants to go deeper with it. It's funny and then on a sixpence it breaks your heart. It's just wonderful!"
And she was thrilled to join the cast which includes David Tennant..

"It's not bad!!! Yeah, it's a bit swish! I was dead chuffed when I got the call up..."
Jemma is currently starring alongside Torchwood actress Eve Myles, in the new BBC One drama Frankie. 


Comments