Catherine Tate: David Tennant And I Are Looking For Future Projects Together



Catherine Tate has confirmed that she and David Tennant are actively looking for new ways to work together. Catherine made the revelation in an online chat with readers of The Guardian earlier today.

"Working with David is the best," she said. "We get on so well and it's just always so much fun. I don't know how to describe it - it's just that something clicked when we first started working together from day one on The Runaway Bride and hopefully will continue to. We're looking for future projects together."

Catherine played the Tenth Doctor's fiery companion Donna Noble in the 2006 Doctor Who Christmas special, returning as a full-time companion for the 2008 season. But despite Donna's return in David Tennant's swansong The End Of Time, Catherine has ruled out any more appearances on the show.

"Unfortunately I think Donna's storyline would prevent her from coming back, because any memory of the Doctor, of her time travelling with him, and the adventures she embarked on, would kill her. So I can't see a storyline being able to bring her back," she said.

Catherine and David went on to star together in the 2011 West End production of Much Ado About Nothing. Catherine recalled the experience of acting while hanging upside down from a harness, one of the most memorable parts of the much acclaimed show.


"Happily I didn't have to speak when I was hanging upside down," she said. "It had been my suggestion to go up on a wire during Beatrice's gulling scene and really seemed like a great idea at the time. Then we got into the theatre and I tested it out for the first time and my resolve faded. Hanging upside down for the first time was petrifying. And it was all I could do to get the words out: "please get me down!" However over time it became a second nature, and I was turning somersaults and loving it."

You can read the full transcript of Catherine's Q&A on The Guardian website.

Catherine can currently be seen in cinemas across the UK and Ireland in the feel-good Christmas comedy Nativity 3: Dude Where's My Donkey alongside Martin Clunes and Marc Wootton. 

Catherine is appearing in the revival of the Stephen Sondheim musical Assassins, currently in previews at the Menier Chocolate Factory in London. 



Comments